2008/01/30

Stephen Fry - Bloggery

No, no: Break a Leg.

Stephen Fry has broken his arm so badly it took ten screws to pin it in place. The x-rays look so bad they actually convey a sense of the pain he must be feeling.

Interesting to note that he suffered the break while filming a segment of "Last Chance to See" in Brazil. I didn't know there was such a series, but (from a selfish perspective) what serendipity: Douglas Adams was one of my favorite authors, and I'm a fan of Mr. Fry's work as well.

I have a little list of people I'd like to meet. No idea what I'd say to any of them, except perhaps, "Thank you." Stephen Fry is on that list. Douglas Adams was there, too, but I missed him by a year; like others he has slipped onto the list of missed opportunities.

Maybe I should just post a "get well soon" to Mr. Fry's blog :)

No comments: